Gen7 STEM - High Performance School Design
Collaborative Classrooms for 21st Century Learning
Science, Technology, Engineering and Math (STEM) are critical to 21st Century Learning—disciplines that prepare students to compete in the workforce of the future and to face the challenges of a global society. As more schools offer STEM programs, Gen7’s classroom design has adapted to fulfill the needs and educational mission of a curriculum that encourages problem-solving, critical thinking, innovation and collaboration within a sustainable space. Spacious and bright, with superior air quality and premium acoustics, Gen7 STEM is a healthy, inspiring, student-focused learning environment that promotes engagement, while providing the adaptability to evolve with changing technology and program needs.
Gen7 STEM modular classrooms provide full connectivity—to people, technology and the environment. The open-concept flex-plan is easily adaptable, ideal for project-based learning that encourages teamwork, an exchange of ideas and student-teacher connection. Interactive technologies enable wireless networking between multiple computers, tablets and audio-video devices, allowing students to connect with data—researching and sharing information, independently or in groups. Large, low-E view windows and skylights visually connect indoors and out—a connection that can be enhanced with optional storefront windows and a sliding NanaWall system that provides additional daylight, fresh air and easy access to the outdoors.
Adaptable Design. Unlimited Options.
Gen7 offers an extensive library of 21st Century modular classroom designs that can be tailored to a school’s curriculum. Schools can choose project-based, STEM or STEAM classroom design, giving students the opportunity to succeed in a modern learning space that innovatively addresses their unique needs. Gen7 can provide flex-space for any discipline or extracurricular activity, including:
- Computer Science
- Environmental Studies
- Architecture & Design
- Green Building
- Visual Arts
- Performing Arts
- Information Technology
- Health Science
- Flight and Space
- 3D Modeling and Printing
Flexibility. Creativity. Productivity.
All in one.
Gen7 STEM offers flexible design options that add functionality, inspire creativity and contribute to a positive, productive learning environment.
- Oversized classrooms are available in multiple interior configurations, providing up to 1,920 square feet of multifunctional learning and lab space.
- Operational partition walls provide teaching options, allowing rooms to be combined or divided for optimal learning.
- Collaboration rooms offer a creative use of space, adaptable for group learning, study halls and afterschool activities, as well as support space for administrative offices and workrooms.
- Integrated technologies enable building-wide WiFi access, with multiple writable surfaces and visual presentation systems allowing real-time multimedia content sharing between devices.
- Configuring utilities, gas lines and other core functions along perimeter walls optimizes space design, leaving the center of the room open for flexible arrangements of movable furniture.
- Built-in and mobile storage provide thoughtful space solutions for organizing and storing project materials, research equipment, art supplies and student experiments.